The Library at the Gloucester County Historical Society has one of the largest genealogical collections in South Jersey. Our holdings include many original documents, microfilm, and books that cannot be found online or anywhere else except in our library. Some of the resources our patrons find of great value when conducting family research include unrecorded deeds, cemetery and church records and original marriage certificates and tavern petitions dating back to the 1700's. Another great resource is the Woodbury Constitution, which we have on microfilm from 1834 to 1945.
Stop in today to research your family, town or property. If you cannot come into the library, simply fill out a Research Request form, pay the research fee and we'll do the work for you.
Barbara Price, Library Coordinator
17 Hunter St., Woodbury, NJ 08096
For reference Information please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Tuesday evening, 6pm-9pm
- Wednesday, Thursday & Friday, 12pm-4pm
- Last Sunday of each month, (Sept. thru April), 2-5pm (No Sunday hours during May, June, July and August.)
- First Saturday of each month (Oct. thru May), 10am-3pm (FREE ADMISSION!) (No Saturday hours during June, July, August and September.)
- Admission fee: $5.00 non-members/members are free
Schedule Change During COV-19
- Closed to the public until further notice.
Please take a moment to peruse a transcription of The Diary of Ann Whitall!
[wpdm_category id="library," cols="1" toolbar=0 item_per_page=12 template="link-template-calltoaction1.php"]